You guys... What a crazy time we are living in. First, we just want to start out by saying that our hearts go out to everybody that is financially, emotionally, and physically affected by COVID-19. This is so hard on so many people, and our thoughts and prayers go out to anyone reading this that is struggling right now. At CFL, we want to acknowledge that this is a heavy time, but we also want to bring as much light and positivity to you all as we can. We are not unaffected, as our main shipping warehouse is currently shut down, but that isn't stopping us from trying to choose joy, be creative, and put forth the effort to bring y'all things to do and make you smile during this time.
If you're trying to stay quarantined like us right now, you're probably getting really tired of staying home. Netflix can only provide so much entertainment, and as humans it's good and healthy to be productive with our time. With that said, we've compiled a list of 10 things you can do while you're stuck at home! We don't know when all this craziness will end, but we're trying to make the best of it. Try these ideas out and tell us which ones you loved in the comments! And comment with some ideas of your own as well :) We hope everyone stays safe and healthy out there!
- Find a workout on YouTube. This is such a simple way to get exercise without leaving the house, and there are tons of workouts you can do that don't require any equipment. I absolutely love barre workouts. I used this video earlier this week to exercise at home and it was an amazing workout!
- Rearrange furniture and decor. Give your home a *free* makeover by switching up the rooms and moving things around!
- Draw, color, or practice lettering! This is obviously one of our favorite options. It's so fun and even therapeutic! All of our digital lettering downloads are on sale right now, and we even created a couple sets of coloring pages! Perfect for adults and kids too! Check out all of our digital resources here.
- Purge and get organized. What better time to go through your closets, drawers, storage bins, etc. and get rid of all the things you don't need or want anymore! Use this as a push to simplify your life. It'll feel so good and you'll thank yourself for it later!
- Get crafty. If you've got a stash of yarn somewhere, now's a good time to pull it out and get to work. Knit or crochet something if you've got the skills (we sure do not), or make some tassels! Check out our DIY Rainbow Wall Hanging for some inspiration!
- Read a book. Not just any book. A good book. Get lost in a great novel, because again, Netflix can only provide so much entertainment, and there's just something special about relaxing with a book. Read it outside on the patio or hunkered down under some blankets on the couch.
- Take a walk each day if you can. While we shouldn't gather with people in public spaces, it's okay to take a stroll outside. Feel the warmth of the sun on your face and get some fresh air! It'll do you good.
- Try out a new recipe. Pull out those cookbooks that have been collecting dust on the shelves and make something delicious. I'm making Joanna Gaines' homemade buttermilk biscuits and I can't wait to taste them!
- Deep clean. This might be a no-brainer for some of you that do this on a regular basis, but it's an important time to do all those chores nobody really likes to do. Dust off everything. Wipe down doors, baseboards, ceiling fans, drawers, windows, floors...everything. Germs can't dwell in a clean and healthy environment, so get ahead of the curve and do whatever you can to keep your home germ-free!
- Make phone calls and write letters. This might sound silly, but in a time where face-to-face human interaction is very limited, it can start to feel lonely. Call your grandparents. Write letters to relatives. FaceTime with your friends. Stay connected as best you can. We've got to keep each other smiling and laughing through all this craziness!