If 2020 has made me thankful for anything, it's my neighbors. We live on a cul-de-sac and most of our neighbors have young kids like us, so we have spent a lot of 2020 playing outside and really getting to know our neighbors. At this point, I honestly don't know what we would do without them.
While it's not an official love language, I would say mine is baked goods and/or treats, and that's definitely how I show love to others. Since this time of year is already spent cooking food for Thanksgiving, I wanted something simple I could make for our neighbors. These chocolate covered caramel pretzels are the perfect, easy way to say thanks without taking up hours of your day. Put them in a cellophane bag and top them off with a super cute gift tag and voila! You've got the perfect neighbor gift. I chose to back the tags with some colored paper, but they are also perfect on their own!
You can find the free download for the gift tags here, and scroll down for the pretzel recipe!
Chocolate Covered Caramel Pretzels
- 1 bag of square pretzels
- 1 bag of caramels
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- flaked sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 250°F.
- Arrange pretzels in rows on a baking sheet. Place a caramel on top of each pretzel. Place the pretzels in the oven for about 5-6 minutes or until they are a bit soft.
- Pull them out of the oven and immediately place another pretzel on top of each caramel.
- Melt your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl by putting in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time and stirring in between. Dip each pretzel/caramel sandwich into the chocolate and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle some sea salt and continue with the rest.
- Refrigerate your pretzels until the chocolate has hardened. Place in a cellophane bag and top with a gift tag!