As if Christmas morning wasn't magical enough, let's throw a super cheerful mimosa into the mix, shall we? There's nothing like getting the fire going, the anticipation of opening gifts, and the pop of a champagne bottle.
I've put together a fun little Christmas-y twist on your normal mimosa. This guy is filled with mint simple syrup and pomegranates to add a little Christmas flair and flavor. I love that the pomegranates fizz as you put them in your drink and they float to the top to make it super festive. Pour it all into a fancy glass (like these I got from Crate & Barrel that would also be perfect for New Year's!) and cheers to the joy of the Christmas season!
Christmas Mimosa with Mint & Pomegranate
- 1 teaspoon mint simple syrup (read note at bottom on how to make your own)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed or store bought)
- 1 bottle champagne
- 1 pomegranate
- Start by getting all the seeds out of the pomegranate. An easy way to do this is to quarter the pomegranate and submerge it in a bowl of water. With your hands, break the seeds away from the shell. The white bits will float to the top while the pomegranate seeds fall to the bottom. Skim all the bits off the top and then drain the water and voila! you have your pomegranate seeds!
- Pour your orange juice in your cup and then add your mint simple syrup. Pour champagne until it almost reaches the top of the glass and then top off with pomegranate seeds.
- Add more mint leaves for garnish (and maybe an orange peel if you're feeling fancy!)
NOTE: To make mint simple syrup - Combine 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup fresh mint leaves in a small saucepan. Bring to boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 1 minute, remove from heat and let syrup steep for about 30 minutes.