DIY Dried Fruit Wreath
Y’all know my love for a good holiday craft. With the help from my friends at @baresnacks I made this super cute dried fruit wreath. It was so simple + I loved how it came out.
- I used Bare Snacks Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips (which also double as a delish snack when crafting gets you craving a treat.)
- a plain wreath found at the home improvement store (home depot)
- dried oranges
- cinnamon sticks (grocery - bulk spice aisle)
- pine cones (grocery - floral department)
- twine (target)
- velvet ribbon (target or craft store)
Prep your supplies - Dried Oranges: Slice your 3 oranges in 1-1.5 cm thick slices. Place in oven at 200 degrees for 90 minutes, using tongs flip them over and bake for another 90 minutes. After 3 hours decide if they have reached desired dryness - if not bake for another hour. repeat if necessary. turn oven off and leave in to keep drying overnight!
Step 1: Tie your velvet ribbon on the bottom of your wreath in a bow!
Step 2: Working around your wreath, thread the twine through the oranges and tie them sporadically on your wreath. I used a black and white twine you could see, you could also use some clear fishing wire or green floral wire if you don't want to see it.
Step 3: Using a hot glue gun, attach your Bare Snacks Cinnamon Apple Chips to the oranges and/or branches.
Step 4: Using the hot glue gun, attach your cinnamon sticks and pine cones sporadically throughout the wreath filling in any holes.
Step 5: (optional) Add in battery powered twinkle lights and attach to ribbon!