Anyone else make ornaments every year? It's something I've always loved to do and I love watching how my style evolves year after year. This year's ornaments are a little on the non-traditional side when it comes to colors, but I'm totally obsessed with how they turned out.
These ornaments are so easy you guys. So easy that you could do it with your kiddos. I think I'm going to make another batch with Liam after Thanksgiving! Because the paint stays inside the ornament, it's mess-free (insert praise hands!) and it's something that's so simple but looks really classy.
I chose black, white, light pink, and terracotta paint for a really modern look, but you can choose whatever colors you like. I found that the Sharpie paint pens worked really well to write on the outside - no smudges! I picked mine up at Michaels and they come in a couple different sizes so you can choose what fits your fancy!
I'm so excited for you to make these and put your own spin on them! Be sure to tag us so we can see what you are creating!
Below you can find a list of materials and all the steps! Happy ornament making!
- Clear plastic ball ornaments - I got these from Michaels
- Black, white, light pink, terracotta acrylic paint (or whatever colors you like!)
- Sharpie paint pens
- Velvet ribbon
- Take the tops off your ornaments and squeeze some paint in (you can do one color, two, three - whatever you like!).
- Swirl the ornament around to fully coat the inside. Place the top back on.
- With your paint pen, write whatever you like on the outside of your ornament.
- Finish it off with a cute velvet ribbon!