Can you believe that Easter is already less than a month away? It feels like just yesterday that we were celebrating the start of 2022 - where has the time gone, y'all? With the weather really feeling like Spring (finally - bring on the sunshine!) and all the flowers starting to bloom, I've really been getting into the Spring spirit!
If you've been around long, you know that I (Jessica) love giving gifts to neighbors. I basically use any and every chance to give them a little something and it usually involves a baked good (because who doesn't love some cookies or cake??). This time is no different. I made these super easy and oh-so-cute Easter bunny bags and filled with with some lemon crinkle cookies. In my opinion, these cookies have the perfect Spring flavor - sweet yet zingy lemony deliciousness! I finished off the bags with our Easter Tags that are perfect for all your Easter gifting!
These would be so much fun to do with our kiddos! The bags are so simple to make and they can fill them with the cookies and then deliver them to neighbors. It's the perfect way to teach them how to love on others!
Below you will find the directions for the bags and the recipe for the cookies! I hope you find joy in giving these to neighbors this season!
EASTER BUNNY BAGS
- Paper Bags
- Cotton Balls
- Hot Glue
- Easter Tags
- With a pencil, start at the top left corner and draw a slightly curved line to down to the midpoint of the bag. Do the same from the top right corner, having the lines meet in the middle (you can use the video below as a reference!).
- Cut along the line with scissors - this will make your bunny ears!
- Glue a cotton ball at the bottom middle of the bag.
- Open your bag and put all the goodies inside! Then use the twine to wrap around the middle and pull tight. Add your Easter tag and tie a bow.
- Straighten out the bunny ears and voila - you have the cutest little bunny bag!
LEMON CRINKLE COOKIES
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder - set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again.
- Slowly pour in the flour mixture until just combined. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly. Refrigerate dough for one hour.
- Pour powdered sugar into a small bowl. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cracked on top. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
*recipe from Let's Dish