This year, I've decided to keep our decor fairly simple. I absolutely love Fall, so I definitely have some things up my sleeve, but I'm trying to buy as little as possible and work with what we have.
Enter this wonderful branch & acorn decor.
You guys. I literally used branches from our oak trees in our backyard. These were actually kind of already dead. They didn't have leaves growing on them, so I just cut them right off the limb and put them in this amber glass vase I already had. Then I simply added some fake acorns I bought at Michaels by stringing them with some clear string. This project couldn't be easier but it adds a fun, whimsical vibe to our entryway and I love how it turned out.
You can scroll down for a full list of supplies and steps as well as a little video showing you how I did it!
- Clear string - I used this kind from Michaels
- Faux Acorns - I got these bunches and cut the acorns off
- Amber glass vase (or any vase you desire!)
- If you bought your acorns in bunches, trim them off the bunch. I left abut an inch of wire sticking out of the top and then formed that into a loop to tie the string.
- Using your clear string, tie the acorn to one end. Cut the string at the length you desire.
- Arrange your branches in your vase. Then tie each acorn on different parts of the branches at various heights and lengths!