IT'S MARCH, FRIENDS! Can you even believe it? As much as I love Fall, March could be one of my favorite months. It means warmer weather and longer days and bare feet in the grass - does it really get any better?
Along with wild flowers and the cool breeze, the flavors of Spring could be one of my favorite things. It's all things fresh, herby, and delicious. This Grapefruit Gin & Tonic incorporates all the tasty things about Spring. It's full of citrus and the perfect amount of sweet herby-ness with some rosemary simple syrup. It's *chef's kiss* delicious and also so stinking easy.
Make these for a fun girls' luncheon or take the ingredients along on a picnic. Whatever the occasion, it will bring the fresh deliciousness of Spring!
Grapefruit Gin & Tonic with Rosemary Simple Syrup
Rosemary Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 spring rosemary
*makes 2 cocktails
- 3 oz gin
- 2 oz simple syrup
- juice from 2 grapefruit
- soda water
- extra grapefruit slices and rosemary sprigs for garnish
To make the simple syrup:
- Place water and sugar and rosemary into a small pan. Bring to a simmer and set on low. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour and then strain the simple syrup into a jar. You can store this in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
To make the cocktail:
- Put a handful of ice in a tall glass. Add the gin, simple syrup, and grapefruit juice. Stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into two separate glasses and top with the soda water. Garnish with grapefruit slice and fresh rosemary.