If you're looking for a super cute last minute gift for hostesses or neighbors, this one is perfect, easy and you may even have most of the ingredients/materials already!
First, let's chat about how cute these tiny mason jars are. I got these at Target and they are perfect for fitting two packs of hot cocoa mix and a generous amount of mini marshmallows. They even fit right in a mug, so it's so easy to gift. To take this gift to the next level, I made some peppermint spoons. This may seem difficult, but it's really so. easy. and adds such a cute finishing touch to the hot cocoa! You can even dip them in some chocolate and sprinkles for a little added flair.
Scroll down for all the juicy deets and happy gifting, friends!
HOT COCOA JARS WITH DIY PEPPERMINT SPOONS
- 1 pack of candy canes (mine had 12 candy canes in it)
- Silicone spoon mold
- Mini mason jars (4oz jars)
- Hot cocoa mix
- Mini marshmallows
- Twine & greenery to top it off!
- Fill each of your mason jars with hot cocoa mix (I put two packets of hot cocoa mix in each jar) and mini marshmallows.
- Make your spoons (Directions below)
- Preheat your oven to 300°F. While the oven is preheating, place all your candy canes in a ziplock bag and use a kitchen mallet or meat tenderizer to crush the candy canes (for best results, crush it pretty finely).
- Using a spoon, fill your silicone molds with the crushed candy canes. Place the silicone mold on a baking sheet and into the oven.
- Bake for about 8 minutes and then take it out and fill in any spots that are a bit thin. Stick it in the oven for another 3-5 minutes or until the candy canes are completely melted.
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely. Then, gently take the spoons out of the mold. Mind had some extra candy cane around the edge, so I cleaned it up with a knife.
- Place the spoon in a small cellophane bag and tie around your hot cocoa jar with some twine! Perfect gift for teachers, neighbors, or hostesses!