Who doesn't love a good pound cake?? When I discovered the recipe for this pound cake several years ago, it instantly became a Spring staple for our family. It's the perfect Spring take on a traditional pound cake with its lemon and lavender flavors and a nice bright lemon glaze as the finisher.
This recipe makes 2 loaves, so it's perfect for sharing with neighbors or making for a fun Spring party. Serve with some tea for a fun brunch vibe or heck, it goes great with a mimosa too! My favorite way to gift this to friends is to wrap it in parchment paper and finish it off with some twine!
Ring in the Spring season by baking up this lovely loaf and let me know how it goes!!
LEMON LAVENDER POUND CAKE
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lavender buds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Juice from one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and prepare two loaf pans by lining them with parchment and spraying with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer, on high speed, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- In another separate small bowl, mix together the buttermilk, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- With your mixer on low, alternate adding the flour and buttermilk mixtures into your butter mixture. Start and end with your flour mixture in three additions. The key here is to just allow the ingredients to combine, do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the lavender buds
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pans and spread evenly with a knife.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes (checking after 40min) or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
- While the cake is cooking, make your glaze by combining all the ingredients and mixing well until smooth.
- Pull cake out and let it cool completely. After cake cools, pour glaze over the cake. Slice and serve!