SUMMER IS HERE, FRIENDS! And with it, one of my favorite entertaining seasons. I love having people over and hosting them in our backyard so the kids can play while we chat.
If you're like me, you're always looking for easy ways to create some delicious food for a crowd. Enter this super delicious, flavorful, fresh Mediterranean Summer Salad Board. It's got all the goods, y'all - toasted pita, hummus, fresh veggies, feta...summer perfection. You can customize it how you like (maybe add some olives? Toasted chick peas? Whatever your heard desires) and lay it all on a large serving board so people can graze.
My family gobbled this up when I made it, so it's bound to be a new go-to! So here's to summer entertaining and some easy, delicious food to serve! Cheers, friends!
MEDITERRANEAN SUMMER SALAD BOARD
- 3 mini cucumbers, diced
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- greek seasoning
- 1 package whole wheat pita
- 16oz hummjus
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cut your pita into triangles. I cut each in half and then cut 3 triangles from each half, making 6 triangles per pita.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place your pita pieces on the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and rub into the pita. Sprinkle with greek seasoning.
- Place in oven and bake for about 8 minutes.
- Place your cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell pepper in a bowl. Drizzle with some oil and sprinkle with some greek seasoning.
- To assemble your board, spoon your hummus onto a clean serving board and spread out a bit. Add your feta and cucumber/tomato mixture. Next, place your toasted pita around your board. Drizzle some olive oil on the hummus and finish off the whole board by sprinkling with chopped parsley.