Hold on to your hats, friends. This is the ultimate summer dessert and it is such a crowd pleaser. I'm not even kidding when I say this is my absolute favorite ice cream of all. time. It beats out my previous favorite which is Braum's peanut butter cup and it beats out every DQ cookie dough blizzard I've ever had. I told my husband while making this that I can have self control with most things, but this ice cream is not one of them. I would taste test a bite and then go back for 20 more. It's a problem.
This ice cream base consists of heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and sprinkles. That's it. Because the base consists of mostly cream, this is a super creamy and not icy at all ice cream. The sugar cookie dough is eggless, so totally safe to eat raw. The way it's mixed, you get these tiny little balls of dough that spreads evenly throughout the ice cream when you stir it in. That means you get delicious cookie dough in every single bite. Y'all, I'm drooling just thinking about it. Gonna have to make some more soon!
We chose to use sugar cones and we dipped them in melted white chocolate and then dipped them in sprinkles (sweet Liam helped me with this!). It makes these cones nice and festive and I mean, come on, how delicious do they look?
I hope you guys have fun making this with your family and be sure and tag us when you do! Scroll down for the full recipe!
NO CHURN, EGGLESS SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM
*Recipe adapted from The Wood and Spoon
Sugar Cookie Dough
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons clear vanilla extract
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
Sugar Cones (optional)
- 4 sugar cones
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed with a hand mixer for about 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. Add the flour and stir on low speed until the dough almost comes together into clumps. Add the sprinkles and stir just to combine.
- Set aside in the fridge while you make the ice cream.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream in the bowl of stand mixer on medium high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add the clear vanilla extract and continue whipping just until stiff peaks form. Fold the condensed milk into the whipped cream and add the sprinkles and the crumbled cookie dough when the milk is almost combined.
- Spread the mixture into a loaf-pan or freezer-safe container and allow to freeze until firm, about 6 hours or overnight.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Put sprinkles in a separate bowl. Dip the tops of the cones in the white chocolate and then in the sprinkles. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes before topping with a scoop or two of ice cream!