Who else is ready for 2021 to be over? You better believe I'll be cheers-ing to a new year, fresh start, new goals...all. the. things.
I don't know about you, but I love concocting a fancy and cute drink to ring in the New Year. I'm also a bit of a gin fan, so this cocktail seemed perfect. It has some floral flavors from elderflower liqueur and currant liqueur and some citrus notes from a squeeze of lemon. And of course, you gotta make it fizzy with some soda water.
If you want to make it even more festive, wet the rim with a lemon wedge, and dip the rim in some sparkly sprinkles - voila! A super cute sugary rim! I even made these stir sticks using skewers and some gold paper. There are so many simple ways to make this drink festive!
Scroll down for the recipe and cheers to a new year, y'all!
ELDERFLOWER & CURRANT GIN COCKTAIL
*makes 2 cocktails
- 3 ounces gin
- 2 ounces elderflower liqueur (I use St. Germain)
- 1/2 ounce currant liqueur
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 lemon wedge
- soda water
- 4 dashes aromatic bitters
- Fill 2 glasses with ice
- Stir the gin, elderflower liqueur, currant liqueur, and simple syrup together in a cup. Stir in the juice of the lemon.
- Pour the mixture into the 2 ice-filled glasses. Top with soda water and stir in a few dashes of bitters.
- CHEERS and enjoy!