I love summer evenings with my fam bam. We usually spend them out on the back porch, playing and relaxing after long days and usually snacking on some sort of dessert.
I'm a sucker for a really easy summer dessert that's great for whipping up and eating while we hang outside. This roasted peaches with ice cream and cobbler crumble is the perfect solution. It's quick, summery, and incorporates my favorite fruit - you cannot go wrong. The juicy sweetness of the peaches with the ice cream is so refreshing and then add the crunchiness of the brown sugar cookie topping...it's *chef's kiss* perfection. What's even better, you can easily make a large batch to serve a big group!
ROASTED PEACHES W/ VANILLA ICE CREAM & COBBLER CRUMBLE
- 4 peaches, halved
- olive oil
- vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Brush the peach halves with olive oil and place flesh side down on one of the prepared baking sheet.
- To make your topping, place the oats, butter, flour, sugars, salt & cinnamon in a medium bowl. Using a pastry cutter, fork, or your hands, combine the ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Spread your topping in a thin layer onto your other baking sheet.
- Place the peaches and the topping in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the peaches are tender and the topping is slightly golden.
- Pull the peaches and topping out of the oven and gently break up the topping with a fork until it's a crumble.
- To serve, top the peaches with vanilla bean ice cream and some cobbler crumble! ENJOY!