Is it even late-Summer if you didn't roast a marshmallow?? I have such fond memories of roasting marshmallows around the fire when I was a kid. There is something so magical about watching a marshmallow slowly roast and then adding chocolate and a graham cracker - what more could you ask for?
I chose to put together a really fun s'mores board for the family this year and it was such a hit! I included lots of different goodies to make a variety of s'mores. The kids chose classic s'mores while my husband chose to use the stroopwafels and reeses - so. good. I also added some fun things like s'mores goldfish, cookies, fruit. You can add whatever your heart desires!
I also included little skillets with roasted marshmallows & chocolate for dipping. You simply layer some chocolate on the bottom, some marshmallows on top, and pop it in the oven for a few minutes. So easy and so perfect for s'mores night! You can scroll down for the full recipe!
This would be so fun for a s'mores night with friends or like we did, as a family. It serves so many people and is such a fun end-of-summer activity!
ROASTED MARSHMALLOW SKILLET
*I put mine in mini skillets, but you can also do this in a larger skillet to serve more!
- Chocolate (we did one with dark chocolate and one with cookies & cream chocoalte)
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Line your skillet with chocolate and place your marshmallows on top in a single layer, covering the chocolate.
- Place in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until marshmallows are nice and roasted.
- Pull out and serve warm with graham crackers or whatever else you want to dip!